Employment Horizons, Inc. is committed to improving the lives of people with disabilities and other special needs and empowering the disabled population with full access and participation in making fundamental decisions regarding his/her own life.
Our 2015 Socio-Economic Return on Investment:
PROGRAM PARTICIPANT EARNINGS
Total Earnings: $2,555,080 Total Taxes Paid: $478,204
Savings to Government Benefit Programs: $537,000
Our School–to-Work Transition Program prepares students with disabilities for the world of work. Classified students referred by local school districts in the greater Morris County, New Jersey area may participate in the variety of services available through our Career Development and Vocational Rehabilitation Services programs
- Worked with 8 school districts.
Our Career Development Services Division serves individuals with a high readiness and aptitude to work in the community.
- Successfully assisted many businesses and individuals in finding work opportunities- 92% of new placements who work 35+ hours per week receive benefits
- Average starting wage: $10.24/hour
Our Agency-based Fulfillment Services Division employs individuals needing a greater degree of assistance and training to attain/maintain a job
- Expanded opportunities from existing customer base as well as new customer affiliations
- Implementation of new equipment & assistive devices including video based training program to increase independence and enhance productivity
- Successful completion of contracts with 35 different companies
Our Vocational Rehabilitation Services provide training and employment in an agency-based setting
- Served 140 individuals
- 39 program participants went on Discover Your Community trips to 11 job sites in the community
- Almost every program participant was involved in counselor-led work readiness, advocacy, and learning groups
Our Commercial Services Division provides janitorial services to public and private entities throughout the greater Morris County area
- 152 buildings cleaned and 350 acres of grounds maintained at Picatinny Arsenal
- 75% of the work performed by individuals with significant disabilities
Café Horizons and our Culinary Arts Program equips trainees to learn food industry standards while preparing light meals and baked goods for internal and external consumption
- Our cafeteria offers program participants and staff with the opportunity to purchase continental breakfast and lunch 5 days/week
- This year, 23 program participants were assessed and trained in the program, with several now working in the private sector and others working daily in Café Horizons, our on-site cafeteria.
The above highlights only some of the benefits gained by Employment Horizons' Program Participants and our business customers. Our 2015 Annual Report provides more comprehensive information on our Programs, Services, Activities and Achievements. Please click here to view our Annual Report.